Tuesday, December 8, 2009

It must of been Thanksgiving

This is what I saw.
Family time. Lots of family time. Playing. Singing. Sleeping. Games. Movies. Food. More food. Children being grateful. We celebrated the holiday exactly as I had planned.

Just being together and enjoying the company. Thanks to Gigi and Papa for celebrating with us
I consider myself blessed. I am purely, absolutely and totally grateful for my life. My husband, my love, is my best friend. I am lucky. My family is my life. My children bring me more joy. They smile, hug, and laugh everyday. Happy. The gospel of Jesus Christ is my stability and strength. Blessed.


But, it's the little things" in my life which bring me the most happiness this Thanksgiving.

Ellie's growing confidence, the kindness of Zach's friend-Ian, the dramatic side of Avery, Zach's love of cologne and clothes, his tutor, Avery's obedience, Ellie's nurturing nature, Avery's conversations Zach's innocence. a new 'chore' chart, reading recovery program, FHE and participation from everyone, emails from Jeff, Little Sally Walker (because its sure to get everyone laughing) morning prayers and routine, this school year, Jeff's patience, Ellie's grades, a budget, Zach's much improved handwriting, Avery reading, my quiet time in the a.m, even when Zach turns it into "our" quiet time. A forgiving and understanding husband, Zach's aide: Ms Flower, Jeff's phone calls during the day"just to say Hi", having my prayers answered, volunteering in Eby's and Devoe's classroom each week, plans for a big vacation this year, Jeff's job, preparing for middle school, friends, dinner together, no snow in November, my soon to be new sister in law; Kat, family sing-a-longs, and snuggling on a lazy Saturday morning.

A big, happy birthday wish to my mom and Avery. I'm glad we had a double celebration for two of my favorite people.

5 comments:

Jeanne said...

Sweetie, I just love your blog.......Thank you for our wonderful Thanksgiving and my sweet Birthday!!!! I love you and your family so much and you are my "best friend"...thank you for that!!!!
love and kisses, Mom

doug said...

Dear LAURIE: Well, you certainly have a gift of articulate, intelligent, and heart wrenching WRITING, combined with your penchant for creative photography, it has enabled you to generate the best BLOG in the whole world . . . . . (of course yours is the only one I read but I know that it MUST BE the best of all . . .)
LOVE,
papa
PS: no more pics of me sleeping!!!!

Unknown said...

Looks like so much fun - we love Thaknsgiving too. I love the pic of Papa snoozing on the couch,

and when did Jeff learn to play the guitar,

and does Ellie have eyeshadow on?

Laurie said...

No, No, No, Ellie does not have eyeshadow on But...she does have a blue/purple vein on her eyelid. And, in the right light it looks like eyeshadow. Yes, I love that Jeff is playing the guitar. He has recently started playing for Real. He has always been interested but is just now getting serious. We all (the whole fam) love to sing and show off. Yes, totally funny pic of papa...not staged, I really caught him snoozing.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the clarification! Cute post!