Thursday, June 25, 2009

Kansas City

The day after the kids got out of school we left for Kansas City for a mini vacation. Though it's certainly not the most glamorous vacation spot, it did the trick. It was the perfect family get-a-way we were looking for. We were desperate to play, laugh, snuggle, and just "be" with one another. Quality time together. I knew what I wanted. I wanted the kids to be "friends" with each other. I wanted to hear giggles instead of tattling. I wanted to hear "thank-you's" instead of bickering. I wanted us all to focus on our family and the relationships we have in each other. I wanted to witness those magical moments between siblings that happen more often than not while on vacation. Our mini vacation was only a means to an end. True compassion and love for each other, remembering best friendships are found within your family. This is exactly what I wished for...it was as if the children could read my mind. Thank you for taking care of one another.



We were busy while in K.C. We went to the "jiggle jam" ( bands playing kids music and festival.) We went to Worlds of Fun. Yep, it was fun. We went to Royals baseball game. That was a blast. On Sunday we visited some of the church's historical sites. Amazing pioneers. Of course, we shopped and ate at some awesome restaurants. We even treated the kids to the fancy "spinning" restaurant on top of the Hyatt for dinner Saturday night. A special night, indeed.
Worlds of Fun. Our favorite ride...the water ride. Avery and I came off soaked!

5 comments:

Jeanne said...

Honey, I just love your new blog...... so clean and fresh!!!!! The pics are so cute of the children in KC!!!! It seems like a long time since I have seen the kiddie poos ......I must plan a trip to Omaha!!!! Love you all, XXX Mom

Fujitales said...

You have such a way with words... I absolutely adore the picture of Z and E holding hands.

I'm not sure you'd ever capture that moment at my house unless one was holding the other one down to take a toy!

What a fun mini-vaca, wish we could have joined you! Love the big pics!

doug said...

WHAT'S SO SPECIAL About the town of Kansas City??

Well, certainly when WE (Laurie's first family) lived there it was pretty cool, The Royals won the World Series, The Chiefs used to be really tough, Country Club Plaza was an upscale place for shopping and dining, and Overland Park was a lovely place to bring up kids, (so we moved!) But we did so ONLY because we moved to DENVER! Still the best! YEAH Denver Rules! LOVE AND KISSES from Laurie's First Family = Gigi and Papa, Mark and Robby ( ha ha )

ps LAURIE you are a gifted writer!
love, dad

Brezack Family said...

LOVE THIS!! Great photos great words...GREAT FAMILY!
Love the family bonding, sibling friendship, love for each other vacation idea!
You're an amazing Mother!!

Fujitales said...

I'm back again to peek, such a cute post. I wish there was somewhere near here that we could go for a quick getaway. Lagoon just doesn't seem to have the same draw...