Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Our party planner in training...

Ellie and a few friends planed a Valentines day party. They organized the details, treats, crafts, games and decorations without any help from me. Truly a practice in self control on my part. Oh, how I would of loved to of made the invites, prepared"cute" valentines food, and taught clever games. But..., I restrained and let Ellie ( & company) go at it alone. This is her party planner. I love it. Looks as though she has thought of everything....except who is going to pay for this shindig. Ah ha, finally a need for her mama. We kept everything simple. Handmade invitations, few paper hearts for decoration, banana splits, crafty bookmarks, and of course Taylor Swift playing in the background. I wish everyone could witness the "cuteness" that is 7 girls making up dances together. Once again, acknowledge my restraint in keeping the video camera tucked safely in the drawer instead of recording their every move. Oh, how I wish. I did capture a few pics with Ellie's camera under the guise of "hey, it's YOUR camera not MINE." All through the day and night, she thanked me for allowing her this opportunity. It was a fun day. She's in training to become a great party planner!

5 comments:

. said...

Great job girls! Good restraint, mom - I'm like you! (And I loved your comment about the purple snow boots - how dare we??)

Jeanne said...

Ellie's party looked like sooo much fun......how cute was her party planner notebook??? I haven't seen the kids in a while and Ell's looks so much older to me!!!!!! Love those kids!!!!! XO, Gigi

Brezack Family said...

ahhh I could have come!! What fun! We did have a fun dinner night out too...
lots of love to Ellie!

Fujitales said...

So cute! Ellie is well on her way to being the next Martha Stewart, no insult intended! Darling Valentine's Cards - cute, cute, girls!

Fujitales said...

I know i have no room to talk - but I'm waiting for a new post!!