Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Happy Birthday, Avie

Avery Hope had a birthday. Our little "caboose" turned 5 on December 5th. It was on that day 5 years ago that Jeff and I brought home this bundle of joy.

A special day, indeed. I fondly remember the smiles that lined our faces, Jeff's constant chatter of his new baby, and the tender kisses the twins bestowed upon her cheeks. She was here and our family complete.
And now 5 years later, this sweet child continues to bring smiles to our faces.

Avery is a happy little girl who knows much joy. She loves her life and sweetly expresses pleasure in most things. Especially her family. She has a best friend in her big sister. And, follows in Ellie's footsteps as only a little sister can. From time to time, she gets pushed aside by her brother. But kindly walks away as only his little sister can. She's delightful, cheerful, and compassionate. She has a gift of communicating her love to mom and dad by gently pulling on our heart strings. As only our child can. Happy Birthday, Avie!

10 comments:

Julie said...

She is so sweet! What a blessing you had another baby. My sister in law ( chad and Michele lewis) are expecting twins in a month. I told them about your amazing miracle twins and I am not sure i have the details right. Were they born at 21 weeks??

Also--I need your adrs. We would LOVE to send you a Christmas card and we would love one from you. Pls email at
julielewis76@gmail.com
THANKS

Julie said...

One more thing..do you facebook too? just wonderin'...another addiction!

Jen Giorgis said...

Happy Be-lated Birthday Avery!!! Wow 5 seems so old. I think that little miss avery is a light and a joy to all of those she comes into contact with. I know she was to me and still is. I hope you had a great day!

Mama Mia said...

What a great birthday Avery had! Please post all your darling efforts Laurie! Mostly so I can copy them next year! ;)Brooklyn loved decorating her cake! Avery is the best! I love her smile!

jennie said...

She is SO cute!! I forgot how close her and Cassidy are in age. Cass turned five the end of April. I think it is such a fun age!:)

petite lama said...

laursie--

can't believe she is so big--how is it possible? hope all is well for the fam. i know it's tough, but let me know if you are in town for christmas, i'll come to you!!!

llama

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday cute Avery!!

doug said...

DEAR AVERY: You are the sweetest young lady. Thank you for being such a good girl. We hope Santa Claus remembers to get you something VERY special for Christmas! Your GIGI and PAPA love you to pieces!

Jeanne said...

Honey, Avery has been a breath of fresh air the moment she was born.....what a blessing that little girl is!!!! Avery puts a smile on everyones face that she touches..she is so special!! I love her and her brother and sister sooooo much!!!I can't wait to see everyone for Christmas .Love you tons, Mom

Fujitales said...

Haaa.......py Birthday Avery! Can' t believe you're getting so big! Hope you had a great day!!