Monday, October 25, 2010

and so it begins

The festivites of Halloween start early.  This year the spooktacular season was ushered in with a "pumpkin day" for the first graders.  I volunteered to help with the different stations throughtout the day.   I was assigned to the art station... the messy but fun table.  This year has been different for me because I haven't been volunteering as much as usual.  I think the whole "house on the market thing" has thrown me for a loop.  So it felt nice to be back in the mix of 6 year olds.  I love first graders! 


3 comments:

doug said...

WOW, Avery is getting to be such a big girl! (with a great smile)

And don't try and kid me Laurie, I know for sure that YOU WANTED TO BE on the CRAFTS table!!!

I used to carve a pretty scary pumpkin and sometimes for Halloween I went as a "Hobo", a "Pirate", a "Clown" a "Superman" and once as a "very scary old man"!

now of course, I don't even need a mask to go as a scary old man . . .

LOVE, papa

Laurie said...

Dad gets the prize for "favorite person" since he is the only one who still comments on my somewhat lame blog.

Love you dad, and your very detailed comments.

Jeanne said...

Honey, I love your blog.....I'm just not a great writer like you and Dad!!!! I will see you in a couple of weeks!!! Yea!!!!XO,Mom