Monday, January 7, 2008

Look out Kansas, The boys are back in town!

Hunting is not my thing, but Jeff sure loves it! This past weekend Jeff and several buddies went on their annual pheasant hunting trip. For the last 11 years Jeff has gone to Kansas for the ultimate male bonding trip! And, for the last 2 years Bruce has joined them. I can't really write much about it since I wasn't there. However, in light of the fact that this is a family journal, the hunting trip deserves a post. I have heard and can report some of the details. The "dudes" had a great time- you know, all that laughing, eating, walking the fields, and( gasp)...shooting, was just what they needed. I guess. I do know that this trip is a much deserved "break" and fun outing that Jeff looks forward to each and every year.


I don't want to ignore posting on the outstanding behavior of the 3 Anderson children while Jeff was gone. Now, surely you know, this is not always the case. But, most definitely this weekend I was impressed. They behaved like champs! It was so enjoyable spending my time with them. We played, snuggled, went to the movie with the Bischoffs, went out to eat, and they even helped me prepare sharing time. Kinkos can really keep 3 kiddos occupied for quite some time. My favorite thing is ...shhhh, don't tell Jeff, letting the kids sleep in our bed. I love hearing them breath through the night. Truthfully, it helps me sleep also. I don't have to worry and check in on them all night. But, more than that I love having Jeff home. So, we are thankful he made it home safe and sound and is back right where he belongs.

5 comments:

texasangie said...

lauriecarolwilliamsanderson!! I would fall out of my chair if you said hunting WERE your thing! Kimberly told me about your blog and I have LOVED seeing/reading about your BEAUTIFUL family! You look GREAT and Jeanne looks GREAT! Please tell me ya'll have a secret you can share and that it is not just good genes! Angie

Kimberly and Jason Enlow said...

Looks like Jeff had a good time. He told me about bringing home a dead bird for the kids to see and you freaked when you saw it. Have the nightmares stopped yet?

Mama Mia said...

What a great picture! I am glad the boys have similar interests! The movie was fun!

Unknown said...

GREAT Story Laurie!!

(Hey that rhymes) well, as you know Gigi and Papa have been busy since arriving at the Texas Beach Condo . . . .

but enough of spending five days in the Corpus Christi Hospital (Kidney Stones are extremely painful and I am a new convert to HYDRATION . . .

A special thanks to Ellie, Zach and Avery for their prayers for Papa, I can assure you that I too was begging Heavenly Father for some pain relief . . . now everthing is all okay except that I am even more thankful for my wonderful grandchildren!

LAUR you may not know that your Grandfather (my dad - whom you never met) was a consumate professional hunter, he loved the outdoors, elk, deer, pheasant, duck and geese were his specialties. So, way to go Jeff, you're carrying on a FAMILY TRADITION!

LOVE, gigi and papa

Unknown said...

Hi Laurie and Family! We love your webiste and your comments are heart warming! Thanks for the sweet Christmas gifts, hope your arrived! I am glad your dad is doing better. Keep in touch.
love, Chrissy